- Jivani (a book in Assamese on the theory and history of Biography), Asam Sahitya Sabha, Jorhat,1974
- Nationalism in Indo-Anglian Fiction (English), Sterling Publishers Pvt Ltd. AB/9, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi , 1978.(Second Edition,1990), latest edition under the title, Nationalism in Indian English Fiction, Bhabani Books, Pan Bazar, Guwahati- 781001, Assam
- Birendra Kr. Bhattacharyya: Oupanyasik (Assamese), Barua Agency , Guwahati,1983.(Second Edition,1987; Third Editon, Banalata,Guwahati, 2010)
- Jivani aru Asamiya Jivani (Assamese), Barua Agency, 1986.(Second Edition, Students’ Stores, Guwahati,1993; Third Enlarged and Updated Edition under the title Jivani aru Atma-jivani:Asamiyat aru Pashchyatyat),2009, Banalata, Pan Bazar, Guwahati 781001,Assam
- Upanyas aru Asamiya Upanyas (Assamese), Students’ Stores, Guwahati, 1995. Second Edition 2009, latest edition, 2015, Banalata, Pan Bazar, Guwahati 781001
- Narivad aru Asamiya Upanyas(Assamese), Publication Board, Assam, Guwahati, 2007.(Second Edition , 2011)
- Syed Abdul Malik (English, in the Makers of Indian Literature Series), Sahitya Akademi, Kolkata, 2011
- Asamiya Jatichinta, Bhabani Offset, Pan Bazar, Guwahati, 2013
- Asamiya Upanyasar Itihas (A critical history of the Assamese Novel), Jyoti Prakashan, Pan Bazar, Guwahati, 2014
- Ingraji Sahityikar Jivan aru Sahitya,(A collection of essays on the life and works of some English writers of high order ), 2014, Banalata, Guwahati
Collections of Short Stories and Novelettes
- Kachar Dare, Hirar Dare (A collection of three short novels, each containing three chapters which, if read serially, read like a novel in trilogy form; but chapters of which can also be read independently when each would read like a separate short story. First trilogy novel in Assamese.), Deben Datta, Barua Agency, Guwahati,1968.
- Dusita Subas (A collection of 10 short stories), Deben Datta, Barua Agency, Guwahati, 1971.
- Chowali Hostelat Egaraki Lesbian (A collection of 7 short stories), Students’ Stores, Guwahati,1993
- He Aranya, He Mahanagar (A collection of 12 short stories), Students’ Stores, Guwahati, 2003
- Chitra Beethika (A collection of 12 short stories), Students’ Stores, Guwahati, 2007
- Akashar Rang (A collection of 22 short stories), Students’ Stores , Guwahati, 2013
- Upanyas-Samagra (Collection of all the novels), Banalata, Pan Bazar, Guwahati, Assam, 2015
- Galpa-Samagra (Collection of all the short stories), Banalata, Pan Bazar, Guwahati,2015
- Daffodil Phul Dekhicha (Travels In England and USA), Jyoti Prakashan, Guwahati, 2007
- Lailac Phul Phulibar Batar (Travels in Europe and UK), Banalata, Guwahati, 2011)
- Kendra Sabha (A book of essays by the eminent Assamese prose master Satyanath Bora), edited with a long Introduction, Barua Agency, Guwahati, 1969.
- Asamiya Baijnanik Paribhasha (Anthropology, Vol.), jointly with Dr. Bhuban Mohan Das & Dr. Annada Charan Bhagawati), Gauhati University, Guwahati, 1973.
- Eta Tribhuj Dudokhar Jeng, (a collection of short stories by Umakanta Sarma), edited with an Introduction, Saraswati Prakashan, Guwahati, 1999.
- Orion (A Commemoration Volume by several hands on the late Professor Tarini Kanta Bhattacharyya, eminent Professor of English of Cotton College, Guwahati and a writer), edited with an Introduction and published by Jyotipada Chaudhuri, Guwahati, 2006.
- 150 Years of Journalism in Assam (A collection of historical essays in English by several hands with an Introduction in), Media Trust, Guwahati, 2007.
- Nirbachita Chuti Galpa (selected Assamese short stories), selected & edited with an introduction in Assamese, jointly with Dr. Sailen Bharali & Hridayananda Gogoi, Sahitya Akademi, Kolkata, 2010.
- Splendour in the Grass, English translation of Nirbachita Asamiya Chuti Galpa, A selection of Assamese short stories, selected and edited jointly with Dr.Sailen Bharali and Hridayananda Gogoi, Sahitya Akademi, Kolkata, 2010 (English translation editor Dr. Hiren Gohain.)
- History of Assamese Literature, Supplementary Volume, Sahitya Akademi, Kolkata, 2013.
- Crime and Punishment, novel by Dostoyevsky abridged and adapted with an Introduction, Bhabani Offset, Pan Bazar, Guwahati- 781001, 2014
- The Pronouncing Contemporary English-Assamese Dictionary, compiled by Sumanta Chaliha, edited with an Introduction, Jyoti Prakashan, Guwahati, 2016.